Write a review
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Divide 2 tablespoons melted butter evenly among the wells of a 6-cup popover pan, brushing each to coat. Place popover pan in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, water, and eggs. Gradually whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, and thyme, and whisk until batter is well combined (batter will be slightly lumpy). Carefully remove hot popover pan from oven, and ladle the batter evenly among popover cups; sprinkle each evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Do not open the oven during baking time. Remove popovers from pan. Using a small, sharp knife, make a small slit in the side of each popover to release steam. Serve immediately.