Curried Chicken Salad on Wheat Bread offers a taste of tradition welcomed any time of year.
Curried Chicken Salad on Wheat Bread
Makes 18 finger sandwiches
- ¾ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican-style curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 18 slices wheat bread*, frozen
- Garnish: fresh mint
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, curry, mint, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Stir in chicken until fully coated in mixture.
- Divide chicken salad among 12 bread slices, approximately 2 tablespoons per slice. Top 6 chicken-salad covered slices; cover with remaining 6 bread slices.
- Using a serrated knife with a sawing motion, remove crusts from bread and cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches. Cover with damp paper towels, and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use.
*We used Dave’s Killer Bread Thin-Sliced Good Seed.
For more recipes from this brilliant table, see “Blue & White Teatime” in the November/December 2019 issue, available at Victoriamag.com.