Warm a chilly spring day with a pot of Curried Carrot Soup.
Curried Carrot Soup
Makes 6 servings
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: sour cream, micro basil, and red-pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, add carrots, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-high, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Strain carrots, and let cool completely.
- In the work bowl of a blender, combine carrots and stock. Pulse until smooth.
- Return carrot mixture to pan, and add cream, curry, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until mixture is heated. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, micro basil, and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Get more garden fresh carrot recipes by reading “Carrot Weight” on page 35 of the March/April 2013 issue of Victoria.