Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1 pound frozen green peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and tarragon, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add peas, water, mustard, salt, sour cream, and milk, stirring until smooth and creamy. Cook until peas are heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
There was a recipe for peach or nectarine ice cream that didn’t need an ice cream maker that was published in the 1990s. I’m really hoping to find it again as I don’t have my back issues of Victoria any more. Could you help? It was so yummy!