Cream Cheese Scones
Makes about 12 scones
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 cup chilled cream cheese, diced
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 cup cream to fl our mixture, stirring until a moist dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut as many scones as possible, rerolling scraps no more than twice.
- Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat scones with remaining 3 tablespoons cream.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Serve warm, or remove to a wire rack to cool completely.