Write a review
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cranberries, 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Cook until cranberry skins begin to split, about 5 to 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, crush cranberries until no whole berries remain.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch, and stir until smooth. Pour into the cranberry mixture and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool for 15 minutes before serving.