Indulge guests’ appetites for British delights with flavorful Country Ham Pâté and the gift of a Jane Austen book.
Country Ham Pâté
Makes 6 servings
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cubed cooked ham
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Garnish: rustic bread, whole-grain mustard, cornichons
- With paper towels, thoroughly pat ham dry.
- In a food processor, combine ham, mayonnaise, horseradish, and mustard. Pulse until smooth. Add shallot, sherry, and thyme. Pulse to combine.
- Serve with rustic bread, whole-grain mustard, and cornichons, if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Continue the ode to Jane Austin by reading one of her most popular novels, Pride & Prejudice, our final Victoria Classics Book Club selection of 2019. Join as we discuss this romantic tale, and collect your copy of The Complete Novels of Jane Austen in our online shop.