Notifications
Clear all

Week 7

(@admin)

In Writer-in-Residence Jan Karon’s Shepherds Abiding, Hope Winchester cleared out the attic of the Happy Endings bookstore in anticipation of making it her new home. She placed a lighted evergreen tree in the window—such a simple act, but it caught the attention of many Mitford residents, bringing a shiny touch of Christmas to the little town. What are some things that ignite the holiday spirit in you? 

This topic was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Victoria Classics
Topic starter Posted : 29/11/2021 11:21 am
 Pamela McGregor
(@Pamela McGregor)
  1. Looks like a fun book club 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/11/2021 3:21 pm
 Allessandra
(@Allessandra)

Oh I must read this book!!  🥰

something I like to do is add tiny light strings wherever I can throughout the house. Also, wherever possible, A battery operated candle in every window is also a favourite of mine. 

❤️

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2021 7:28 am
 Beth Harbaugh
(@Beth Harbaugh)

Music of the season is what gives me the holiday spirit. From Bing Crosby singing “White Christmas” to the Christmas albums by John Rutter and the Cambridge Singers I find myself singing along and yearning for that ineffable feeling which never quite comes to fruition. Christmas trees and houses decorated with colorful lights make me happy as well. But, I always return to the music whether it be secular or religious. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2021 8:30 pm
 Margo Arel
(@Margo Arel)

I love seeing a car with a tree on top.  There’s nothing quite as fun as going to get the tree!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2021 8:10 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved