Notifications
Clear all

Week 2

(@admin)

Have you purchased your copy of our latest Victoria  Classics Book Club selection? We hope that you will end the year with us by discovering—or revisiting—Shepherds Abiding, a favorite holiday tale by Writer-in-Residence Jan Karon. As we look ahead to Thanksgiving and Christmas in the months to come, what family or community traditions are you most looking forward to?

This topic was modified 3 months ago 3 times by Victoria Classics
Topic starter Posted : 18/10/2021 11:49 am
 Beth Harbaugh
(@Beth Harbaugh)

What I most look forward to at Christmas is when the newness of seeing each other again after a number of months, or even years apart wear off, and we settle comfortably into our collective family history. We tell the same stories which always made us laugh or the stories which made us sigh. We remember the love of those who are no longer with us, but we temper that love with stories of their follies and foibles so we don’t grow maudlin. Music is a big part of that history and so we talk about favorite performances in which they or we appeared. It’s that time of talking and remembering which I carry with me longer than all the busyness of the holidays. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2021 8:46 pm
 Marilyn
(@Marilyn)

I have read Shepherds Abiding. I found it quite enjoyable. I am looking forward to buying our live tree. We try to get one to reach almost to the ceiling, 7-8 feet. We also fill stockings for each other. We buy   lots of books  for each other and give them out on Little Christmas. We can enjoy opening the books after the Christmas celebrations. 

Marilyn

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2021 6:31 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved