Silken and scrumptious, mocha-laced cream is served in individual cups for our Coffee Pots de Crème, pampering family and friends with a delectable treat all their own to savor.
Coffee Pots de Crème
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 12 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 325˚. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso powder. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. Ladle 1 cup hot cream mixture into eggs, whisking constantly. Repeat with remaining cream mixture. Pour egg mixture into saucepan; whisk to combine.
- Divide mixture among pot de crème cups. Place cups in a roasting pan. Fill pan with enough water to come halfway up sides of cups. Cover pan with foil; bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Let pots de crème cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered tightly with plastic wrap, for up to 1 week.
Find more recipes inspired by the warmth of the harvest season in our Fall Baking 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com.