Makes 4 servings.
Write a review
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (32-ounce) box chicken stock
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: buttermilk, fresh dill sprigs, and fresh mint sprigs
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add potato and stock. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Add zucchini, and cook, covered, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In the container of a blender, puree mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Stir in buttermilk, dill, and mint.
- Just before serving, add salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls, and garnish with a drizzle of buttermilk and sprigs of dill and mint, if desired.