Buttermilk-Grand Marnier Panna Cotta
Write a review
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 recipe Pistachio Shortbread (see below)
- Combine buttermilk and gelatin in a small bowl; set aside to soften.
- Combine cream, sugar, liqueur, zest, and vanilla bean in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in buttermilk mixture, whisking until all gelatin solids are dissolved; strain.
- Evenly divide mixture among 12 (1 3/4-ounce) silicone molds. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To unmold, gently pull edges of custards to loosen. Invert onto Pistachio Shortbread rounds to serve.
Write a review
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pistachio paste
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Combine butter, pistachio paste, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat mixture until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Sift together flour and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Fold in chopped pistachios.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch fluted round cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on pan for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.