Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallot
- 11/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, leaves separated from cores, cores discarded
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the butter and oil; add shallot, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts leaves, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the apple cider, and cook until cider is reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss with hazelnuts. Serve hot.