This Blueberry Frozen-Yogurt Pie is a refreshing sweet.
Blueberry Frozen-Yogurt Pie
Makes 1 (10-inch) pie
- 2 cups vanilla-wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2½ cups chopped fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: fresh blueberries and fresh lavender
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with baking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper, and spray again; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, hazelnuts, and brown sugar. Add melted butter, and stir to combine. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan; place in freezer.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine blueberries and sugar; pulse until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, and using a mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and yogurt, and beat until smooth. Add blueberry mixture to yogurt mixture, beating to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with remaining ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream to blueberry mixture, and beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, and freeze for 4 hours. Garnish with blueberries and lavender, if desired. Pie can be stored, in a freezer, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
For more recipes featuring blueberries, see “Blueberry Bliss” on page 31 of the May/June 2013 issue of Victoria.