Created in Paris, the Bloody Mary has become a spicy Big Easy staple. In our rendition, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, and black pepper unite to create a memorable flavor profile.
Makes approximately 2 quarts
- 1 (46-ounce) bottle tomato juice
- 1½ cups citron vodka
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: sliced lemon, celery leaves, pimiento-stuffed olives
- In a large pitcher, stir together tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish servings with lemon slices, celery leaves, and olives, if desired.
For more New Orleans–inspired recipes, see “Bon Appétit: A Brunch to Remember” on page 33 of the May/June 2018 issue.