Fuji apples and Bartlett pears, with their mild character, lend aromatic notes of honey and citrus to Apple, Pear, and Rosemary Sangría Blanco. The fruit steeps in dry white wine alongside sprigs of the woodsy herb. Just before serving, additions of sparkling wine and cranberries round out the refreshing beverage.
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 (750-ml) bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled
- ½ cup cranberries
- In a large pitcher, combine apple and pear slices, apple cider, wine, and rosemary. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Stir in sparkling wine and cranberries just before serving.
For more harvest-perfect recipes, see “Orchard Abundance” on page 109 of the September 2018 issue, available for purchase on newsstands and online.