Indomitable dahlias rule in Kathy and Ed Whitfield’s garden. The variety, type, and color of flowers include the following, pictured above:
1. Nenekazi; lacinated cactus; blend
2. Honka; orchid; yellow
3. Hy Patti; formal decorative; orange
4. Barbershop; informal decorative; bicolor
1. An unnamed lavender seedling
2. Verda; semi-cactus; white
3. Red and Orange Zinnias
4. Madame de Rosa; cactus; yellow
Text Kate Carter Frederick
Photography Stephanie Welbourne Steele and Kamin Williams
For more on dahlias, see “Dramatic Dahlias,” from the July/August 2013 issue of Victoria magazine.
I Love Victoria…but now in my country dont self….
I have 7 old magazines…that I LOVE them.
I just picked up one of mine and it was August 1988!❤️