Although the turkey often gets the most attention during holiday-menu planning, the trimmings can bring just as much harvest flavor to your celebration. Fresh and delicious, these unforgettable side dishes might just steal the spotlight on your Thanksgiving table. From the hearty Winter Squash-and-Mushroom Medley to warm Brown Butter Rosemary Yeast Rolls, these delectable dishes are certain to have guests asking for more.
Our showy Roasted Root Vegetables contains multihued fingerling potatoes, haricots verts, and orange baby carrots flavored with balsamic vinegar, ground mustard, and garlic.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fingerling potatoes
- 2 (8-ounce) packages haricots verts
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots, tops attached
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sour cream, tarragon, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, haricots verts, carrots, and garlic. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Place mixture on prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.