This Pomelo, Pink Grapefruit, and Prosecco Granita is a refreshing citrus treat.
Pomelo, Pink Grapefruit, and Prosecco Granita
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh pomelo* juice
- 1 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 cups Prosecco, or other sparkling wine
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- Garnish: lime leaves
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture just begins to boil; remove from heat, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pomelo juice, grapefruit juice, Prosecco, liqueur, and cooled simple syrup. Pour mixture in a 13x9x2 baking dish. Freeze mixture for 3 hours, or until solid.
- To serve, scrape mixture with a fork, and spoon shavings into desired serving dish. Garnish with lime leaves, if desired.
- *Pomelos are large, green-yellow citrus fruits with sweet flesh and a very thick spongy rind. They are available in specialty foods stores, some supermarkets, and many Asian supermarkets.