These Open-Faced Sandwiches are delectable combination of fresh peaches, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar on sourdough bread.
- 1 (16-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 slices rustic sourdough bread
- 3 peaches, halved
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Garnish: fresh thyme leaves
- In a colander lined with paper towels and set over a bowl, place ricotta. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, cook vinegar over medium heat until it reduces to ⅓ cup, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together vinegar reduction, olive oil, honey, and 2 teaspoons salt. Brush mixture over bread slices and peach halves.
- Heat a grill skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bread slices to pan, and grill 1 to 3 minutes; remove from pan. Place peaches, cut-sides down, in pan; grill 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, Parmesan, and thyme. Spread mixture onto grilled bread. Top with peaches, and drizzle to taste with balsamic mixture. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.