Shaded by the seemingly endless canopy of trees lining the streets of New Orleans’ Lower Garden District, the filigree gates marking the entry to a gracious mansion stand open in welcome—a hint of the genial reception that awaits within.
Originally built in 1857 for successful cotton broker Richard Terrell, the structure was known as the Terrell Guest House when Linda O’Brien, above left, happened upon its For Sale sign while strolling through the neighborhood one day in 2003.
Guests gather in the beautifully appointed dining room for a gourmet breakfast, served on gold-trimmed Livia china by Herend.
Today, with its elegant spaces basking in the honeyed sunlight, the inn is the very picture of warmth and gentility.
Photography Marcy Black Simpson
To learn more about the Terrell House, see “Classic Style in the Crescent City” on page 63 of the March/April 2017 issue of Victoria.