This Citrus Salad with Frisée and Orange-Ginger Vinaigrette is a lovely mixture of the season’s best picks.
Citrus Salad with Frisée and Orange-Ginger Vinaigrette
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Orange-Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 4 limes
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 ruby-red grapefruit
- Garnish: kale micro greens*
- In a medium bowl, toss together frisée, fennel, salt, pepper, and Orange- Ginger Vinaigrette. With a paring knife, peel the limes, navel oranges, blood oranges, and grapefruit, removing all white pith. Cut segments free from membranes.
- To assemble, arrange 1/8 of the citrus segments on a salad plate. Place 1/8 of the lettuce-fennel mixture over fruit. Garnish with kale micro greens, if desired, and serve immediately.
- *Micro greens are the first sprouts of green leafy vegetables. They are available at specialty foods stores, some supermarkets, and many farmers’ markets.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
Write a review
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- In a medium bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, honey, vinegar, salt, pepper, and ginger, and whisk to combine.
- Place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Vinaigrette will keep for up to 1 week, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.